There is a special procedure to follow when using the device for the first time.
Are preliminaries steps to follow to allow your device to connect to the internet.
Will let you configure the device so you can connect to any network
1. Setting Up an Account
First of all you'll need to set up an account. :
- You'll receive an email with your username and password
- Go to the FMS website
- Enter your username and password
- You'll be presented with the FMS Dasbhoard
- Click on your username on the top-right corner of the screen and then click on "Profile"
- Click on the advance tab
- Enter a new password and press "Save"
Don't skip step 7 as your initial password is only valid for 24h
2. Creating a Profile
Profile Configuration is one of the most powerful tool of the FMS and allows you to change a number of parameters, in this section we'll only cover how to modify the WiFi configuration so you can get started
- Click on "Profiles" on the top-right corner of the screen
- To add your profile click on "Add profile"
- Enter a profile name, click on advanced, enter your WiFi details and click on "Save"
3. Creating a Fleet
To create a fleet:
- Click on "Fleets"
- Click "Add a fleet"
- Name the fleet, assign the profile you've just created and click on "Save"
4. Adding a Device to a Fleet
Note : Adding a device to a fleet = applying the profile to a device
Click on "Devices" on the left panel
You can drag and drop devices to a fleet
5. Syncing Your Device
Once you've created a profile with your preferred configuration and assigned a device to a fleet you'll be able to synchronize your device:
- Turn on the device and wait until you see the welcome screen
- Click on the green globe
- Configure your WiFi configuration or your mobile data settings
- Press and hold the volume up button
This process will sync your device for the first time. If this doesn't work check your WiFi or mobile data configuration. You can press and hold the volume up any time to sync manually to the FMS.
However, if you want to automate this process you can use the "sync interval" option in the profile settings. The device will adopt the sync interval after the first sync and pressing the volume up button won't be necessary any more.
If you want to learn how to use the FMS to its full extent check out the "Up and Running with the FMS" section.