- Setting Up an Account
- Creating a Profile
- Creating a Fleet
- Adding a Device to a Fleet
- Syncing Your Device
Setting Up an Account
First of all you'll need to set up an account. :
- You have received an email with an activation link.
- Click on the activation link
- Enter your username and password
- You'll be presented with the FMS Dasbhoard
- Click on your username on the top-right corner of the screen and then click on "Profile"
- Click on the advance tab
- Enter a new password and press "Save"
Don't skip step 7 as your initial password is only valid for 24h
Creating a Profile
Profile Configuration is one of the most powerful tool of the FMS and allows you to change a number of parameters, in this section we'll only cover how to modify the WiFi configuration so you can get started
- Click on "Profiles" on the top-right corner of the screen
- To add your profile click on "Add profile"
- Enter a profile name, click on connectivity, enter your WiFi details and click on "Save"
Creating a Fleet
To create a fleet:
- Click on "Fleets"
- Click "Add a fleet"
- Name the fleet, assign the profile you've just created and click on "Save"
Adding a Device to a Fleet
Note : Adding a device to a fleet = applying the profile to a device
- Click on "Devices" on the left panel
- Select the device to be added to a fleet
- Drag and drop device to the fleet you wish
- You can also move several devices at once by seliecting them
Syncing Your Device
Once you've created a profile with your preferred configuration and assigned a device to a fleet you'll be able to synchronize your device:
- Turn on the device and wait until you see the welcome screen
- Click on the green globe
- Configure your internet connection over WiFi or mobile data if you have a Simcard
- Press and hold the volume up button for a few seconds.
- If you have the new Famoco Layer, click on the circling wheel on the connectivity line.
This process will sync your device for the first time. If this doesn't work check your WiFi or mobile data configuration. You can press and hold the volume up any time to sync manually to the FMS.
However, if you want to automate this process you can use the "sync interval" option in the profile settings. The device will adopt the sync interval after the first sync and pressing the volume up button won't be necessary any more.
If you want to learn how to use the FMS to its full extent check out the Up and Running with the FMS section.